We work hard to ensure communication is good, honest, open and based upon mutual respect and understanding.
Please read the PATHs letter for your child’s class, which is updated each Thursday on the school website. The letter gives you details of the curriculum being covered, special notices of upcoming events, changes to planned activities and information about the tasks set for home learning.
Please download your child’s Path by clicking on the corresponding date below:
TERM 2 PATHS for 2019/2020 Academic Year
National Curriculum Expectations
Please click on the links below for the 2018/2019 national curriculum expectations for Primary.
PATHS – Parents and Teachers Home support.
At AAESS we feel home learning is important so we try to make sure it is valuable, flexible, creative and fun. Tasks set are directly linked to in-class learning, the needs of the children and are designed to build on previous knowledge.
In Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1, the paths will outline what has been happening in class and then give suggestions for home learning activities. The internet is used to provide further learning opportunities.
- Nursery & FS2 – 10 minutes sharing a story each night
- Year 1 – 10 minutes reading each night and 10 minutes other
- Year 2 – 10 minutes reading each night and 15 minutes other
In Key Stage 2, the paths will also outline what has been happening in class and provide varied home learning tasks (Eg simple oral activities, investigative work, scaffolded recorded tasks or practical projects). Website recommendations are provided for further learning opportunities.
- Year 3 – 15 minutes reading each night and 15 minutes other
- Year 4 – 15 minutes reading each night and 15 minutes other
- Year 5 – 20 minutes reading each night and 20 minutes other
- Year 6 – 20 minutes reading each night and 20 minutes other