At Al Ain English Speaking School it is our responsibility to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for all students.
We do so by:
- Setting suitable learning challenges
- Responding to students’ diverse learning needs
- Overcoming potential barriers to learning and assessment for individuals and groups of students
English as an Additional Language (EAL)
At AAESS we believe that pupils with EAL are entitled to the full National Curriculum programmes of study which form the basis of the school’s curriculum. All our teachers have a responsibility for teaching English as well as subject content. We use English as our common language. At the same time we celebrate and value the variety and diversity of the languages that our children bring to our school. Our aim is to ensure that children who have English as an Additional Language will:
- Use English confidently and competently
- Be able to access the full curriculum.
- Use English as a means of learning across the curriculum
- Build on knowledge that they already have of other languages and cultures
We recognise the importance of the role of parents/carers/guardians in EAL learning and look to work with them in partnership.
We strive to be an inclusive school. All applications for a place at our school will be examined and a decision made upon the individual merit of each case. Regrettably, at this time we may not have the specialist facilities required by some children with moderate, severe or profound learning difficulties.